Imagine you have a foreign-exchange student visiting from a rural area where there is no Internet service. He has noticed and heard a lot about social networking and online communities but does not understand what they are. You want to explain to him the role of the Internet and social media in popular American culture.
Create a multimedia presentation (8-12 slides) that depicts the use of social media and the Internet in popular American culture.
Address the following in your presentation:
· What is the importance of social media in today’s society? How is it used and by whom? What would be the effect on society if social media were suddenly removed?
· What do online communities mean for popular culture today? How has this changed over the past 10 years? In what ways are online communities accessed and expanded?
· What role does the internet and social media play in globalization and the expansion of communities?
Select a multimedia presentation tool. Examples of multimedia presentation tools include the following:
· Voki™ speaking avatars
· Microsoft® PowerPoint®
· Prezi™ presentations
· VoiceThread™ collaborative multimedia slide shows
· Digital Storytellersm movies
· Glogster™ interactive posters
Present your activity using your chosen multimedia tool.
**Include at least two scholarly references.
For Online and Directed Study students, these are multimedia presentations with detailed speaker notes.