Need 15 pages of writing on “international operations supply chain | supply chain management
• Find a problem in managing international operations supply chain from the real business world (from your own work experience or from any business articles/cases)
• Identify specific IOSCM concepts/tools that can be applied to the problem
• Apply at least two operation supply chain concepts/tools to propose a solution to the problem • Analyze the expected results that may be obtained when the solution is implemented.
The table in the appendix below will serve as the grading rubric for this assignment.
The report should be 10-15 pages in length including the cover and appendices, with 1” margins on all sides, double-spacing, and 12 point font. The cover of the report should include title, class code and name, section number, your full name, and date of completion. The report MUST follow the outline below:
1. Abstract (150 words maximum) • Summarize the entire report, including problem statement, IOSCM concepts/tools that have been applied to the problem, and expected results of the proposed solution.
2. Background information • Clearly state whether the problem is from your own work or from business articles/cases. If it is from business articles/cases, provide its source (title, author, name of the journal, date published). • Briefly introduce the company background (e.g., name, products, business size, location, internal/external interesting facts, etc).
3. Problem Description • Describe the problem clearly and specifically. o You should focus on a single problem, although you can introduce several other issues for informational purposes. o The problem may involve either operational decision-making, process improvement, or supply chain strategies in managing international operations and supply chain. • This section must include a problem statement starting with, e.g., “This paper considers the problem of determining …”, “The main problem of the firm is how to …”, etc, either in the beginning or at the end of the section.
4. IOSCM concepts/tools that can be applied • Describe what specific IOSCM concepts/tools can be applied to the problem and why they are appropriate to the problem. This section should make it clear that you understand the concepts/tools you are about to use. Since section 5 need to apply two or more IOSCM concepts, at least two IOSCM concepts need to be identified in this section.
5. Application of IOSCM concepts/tools • Choose two or more IOSCM concepts/tools among the ones provided in section 4 and apply it to propose a solution to the problem. • This section should include your supportive evidence/calculations in details to show how you have applied the IOSCM concept/tool(s) to develop the solution.
6. Analysis of expected results • Analyze the expected results of the proposed solution. • The expected results may include cost/revenue impact and/or improvement of operational performance. You must be specific to receive full credit. • Discuss the pros and cons of the suggested solution.
7. Conclusion • Conclusion about the problem, IOSCM tools, analysis, and results. • Compare what’s the difference between domestic and global operation supply chain management in your case.