Resources: Ch. 1 of the text, the Internet, and the UniversityLibrary
Considerhow life sciences researchers collect information from
samples to learn about populations.
Writea 700- to 1,050-word paper about sampling from populations.
Include the following information:
• Define populationand describe the characteristics of a
• Define sampleand describe the characteristics of a sample.
• Compare samples and populations and explain how the
concepts are related. Provide examples to illustrate your
• Explain how to increase the chance that a sample is
representative of a chosen population. Provide an example.
• Describe random sampling and its benefits for research.
Citeat least two references.
Formatyour paper consistent with APA guidelines.