MN503: Unit 3 Assignment
MN503: Advanced Statistics for the Health Sciences
Unit 3: Testing the Differences between Two Group Means
Assessing central tendency and descriptive statistics
Examine a research article which incorporates a measure of central tendency and descriptive statistics. Briefly summarize and report the measure of central tendency and discuss whether the assumptions of the statistics were met and if the type of data (levels of measurement) was appropriate for the statistical test. Include the following in your paper:
- Description of the measure of central tendency you intend to examine in the article
- Brief description of the study portrayed in the article
- Description of how the central tendency measure was used in the study.
- Explanation of how this is appropriate or inappropriate
- Explanation of how assumptions of the central tendency measure were met or not met
- Identification of the levels of measurement of variables in the study
- Description of the appropriateness of the levels of measurement of the study variables
- Discussion of how the data was displayed (i.e. graphs, tables)
- Discussion examining the appropriateness of the data displays (Strengths and weaknesses? Were they appropriate? Why or why not?)
Your paper must be composed using Microsoft® Word® and must be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12. This and all papers should be written in APA format and follow standard rules of grammar and formatting. 5-9 pages excluding cover page and references are required.
When your paper is complete, save as a Word document, and upload to the Dropbox basket: Unit 3 Assignment.
A rubric for this and all assignments can be found in the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Home.