MILITARY EQUIPMENT FOR LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT
COMPETENCIES ADDRESSED IN THIS ASSIGNMENT
- Competency 3: Articulate how terrorism impacts policy and operations of law enforcement in America.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
During your past briefings to Chief Glen Edwards, several in the command staff have mentioned the need in the department for more equipment. Your readings and investigation into the response to terrorism have led you to understand that the federal government has programs where local police agencies can obtain equipment. The chief understands that there are benefits and problems with any choice, so he has asked you to create a presentation for the command staff. He wants it to address the benefits they should expect, as well as the problems this equipment can bring with it.
Create a PowerPoint presentation for the command staff that includes the following components:
- Specify three types of military equipment or arms that are available through the federal government for local law enforcement.
- Contrast two positive and negative results associated with types of military equipment or arms that are available through the federal government for local law enforcement.
- Describe negative images caused by types of military equipment or arms that are available through the federal government for local law enforcement.
- Explain why the public may have concerns about the negative images this military equipment or arms may cause (for example, in the perception of the militarization of the police).
- Length: Include an introduction slide, 8â€“10 information slides, and a references slide.
- References: Include 3â€“4 scholarly references in APA format.
You are required to submit your assignment to Turnitin. Once you review your results and make any needed changes, submit your paper for grading.Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing.