Maximize instruction through professional development
Create an outline for a one-hour professional development session on the topic of maximizing time spent on quality instruction, related to effective classroom engagement, that aligns to the school vision and mission. As you create your outline, visualize what the session will look like. What will you as the presenter be doing? What will your teacher participants be doing? You will implement your plan based on your design in Topic 2.
Your outline should include:
- At least 2-3 learning objectives to be mastered by teachers during the PD.
- Timeline or schedule of the presented session.
- Agenda for the session that includes time allocations for each agenda item.
- Description of aligned presentation and any activities, descriptive enough so each session can be visualized. Incorporate the ARCS Model of Motivational Design Theories, or another motivation theory of your choice, to ensure students are engaged.
- Accountability plan to ensure that participants make data-driven, student-centered instructional decisions and implement in their classroom what was presented in the session.
- Support the content of your professional development with at least 3-5 scholarly resources.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the student success center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.