Draft a 1,500-2,000-word response to a fictional supervisor that identifies a successful leader and describes what makes him or her successful. Next, compare his or her approaches, styles, values, and other important leadership attributes to your own and make recommendations on how to lead and foster teamwork.
One of the hallmarks of successful leaders is their ability to communicate and foster team cooperation. Mastering these skills is a career-long process, but one that is sure to pay dividends.
The assessments in this course build upon one another and must be completed in the order presented.
Use the following documents to complete this assessment:
Draft a professional response to your supervisor in the Leadership and Group Collaboration Scenario [PDF] using the Leadership and Group Collaboration Response Template [DOCX].
Your assessment should also meet the following requirements:
- Format: Complete your assessment using the Leadership and Group Collaboration Response Template.
- Sources: Please reference at least two sources from your own research. You may cite multiple supporting examples from each source.
- APA format: Use current APA style to format your paper and to cite your research sources in-text and in a references page.
- Length: 1,500–2,000 words.
- Font and font size: Use Times New Roman, 12-point font and double-spaced lines.
- Written communication:
- Express your main points, arguments, and conclusions coherently.
- Use correct grammar and mechanics.
- Proofread your writing.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze leadership traits and styles.
- Analyze why a chosen leader is well-suited for a specified project.
- Compare one’s own leadership traits against those of a successful leader.
- Analyze one’s own strengths and weaknesses in the context of a project.
- Competency 2: Apply accepted leadership practices and behaviors.
- Describe an approach that would likely be effective in facilitating collaboration among a professional team.
- Competency 3: Communicate professionally and effectively.
- Address assessment purpose in a well-organized text, incorporating appropriate evidence and tone in grammatically sound sentences.
Portfolio Prompt: You should consider adding this assessment to your personal ePortfolio. For more information on ePortfolio, visit the Campus ePortfolio page.