Imagine that you are an office manager tasked with coordinating and leading the dismissal meeting for an organizational layoff.
Write a 6–8 page paper in which you:
- Propose three ways, proven to be effective, that a manager can cope with negative emotions that accompany an organizational layoff.
- Describe a detailed, step-by-step process for conducting a dismissal meeting.
- Determine fair and equitable compensation, with justification, that the company may provide to the separated employee.
- Create a chart depicting a fair and equitable timeline for disbursement of the compensation.
- Use Microsoft Word or an equivalent application, such as OpenOffice.
- Predict three ways an organizational layoff can affect a company’s future strategic direction.
- Support your propositions, assertions, arguments, or conclusions with at least three credible, relevant, and appropriate sources synthesized in a coherent analysis.
- Cite each source on your source list at least one time within your assignment.