Evidence-based practice models to integrate research findings
Consider this scenario for the Discussion:You are practicing in an acute care unit in a local hospital. During your recent shifts, you identified a practice problem that you would like to see changed. After discussing the issue with your direct supervisor and the Director of Nursing, they have asked that you research the current literature and propose an evidence-based practice solution to the identified practice problem.
From your work or clinical experience, identify a potential practice problem and formulate a proposal for an evidence-based practice solution that includes:
- A brief description of a potential practice problem
- Relevant evidence-based practice question
- Locate and review at least two current, peer-reviewed, research articles that address the identified clinical problem, appraise research findings and synthesize relevant, credible findings into a succinct summary supporting your potential practice problem and evidence based practice solution
- Propose an evidence-based practice solution including
- Implementation plan
- Evaluation plan
- Plan to sustain the practice change
Responses (minimum of two):
- Critique classmates’ evidence based practice solution including:
- Opinion if the proposed practice change was relevant and supported by the literature
- Discussion of the feasibility of a plan to implement, evaluate and sustain practice change
- At least one suggestion for how to improve the proposal for an evidence-base practice solution
Please make your initial post by midweek, and respond to at least two other student’s post by the end of the week. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.