Design a technology to improve community-building in college
The goal of this course is for you to leave with a thorough understanding of both the philosophy and a solid foundation of methodology for Human-Centered Design. As such, you have had to learn on the go and iterate on team work as part of a constructivist learning approach. This has been a significant success for many individuals, and some of the team work has seen a marked improvement. However, many have still yet to evidence a solid understanding of the HCD approach. I would like to give you the opportunity to do so.
Thus the final individual assignment has been shifted to an OPTIONAL extra credit activity worth up to 15% added to your final grade.
This final assignment is a full HCD Report from Mandate to Final Brief.
- All of your human data can be fabricated (though do not take extreme liberties here)
- You do not have monetary restrictions
- All work proofs must be hand-drawn with the exception of prototypes.
The mandate for this “project” is:
– Design a technology to improve community-building in college dormitory life.
Sections of this report must include:
- Project Overview
- Mandate, Description, Ideal Team Composition
- Projected Timeline and Milestones List
- Problem Identification Phase
- Competitive Landscape Statement
- User Research (Field sites/population, data collection, findings & interpretations)
- Personas (3 Personas, must have at least 1 Primary and 1 Secondary)
- Problem Statement
- Solution Generation Phase
- Job Stories
- User-Focused Solution Statement
- Solution Design and Specifications
- Full proposal statement
- Future directions and goals
BE EXPLICIT WITH YOUR LOGIC AND ANALYSIS. Evidence to me that your process is grounded in HCD.