Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
For this assignment, you will need to consider the hiring practices of Abercrombie & Fitch and Hooters. These companies have faced controversy and court cases based on the hiring and not hiring of certain employees. This is a direct reflection of each company’s strategic workforce planning process. First, search court cases relating to these two companies to gain an understanding of the court cases. Discuss the outcomes of each court case. Then, reflect if each company used the proper strategy in hiring taking into consideration discrimination. Next, identify a company where the strategic workforce planning process helped make the company stronger. Be specific as to why you selected the company from a strategic workforce planning perspective and how the strategy has enhanced the company.
In The Strategic Workforce Planning Process paper,
- Identify at least two court cases relating to Abercrombie & Fitch and Hooters.
- Discuss the outcomes of each court case.
- Reflect on each company’s strategic workforce planning.
- Identify a company where the strategic workforce planning process strengthened the company, giving supporting facts and rational.
The Strategic Workforce Planning Process paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of Paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least two scholarly and/or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- Utilize correct APA formatting for legal sources include case law and legislation. See the Citing Legal Sources (Links to an external site.) resource from the Ashford University Library as well as the Citing Legal Materials in APA Style (Links to an external site.) from the University Library of California State University, Stanislaus for assistance.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Avoid over-dependence on direct quotes. Direct quotes are a great way to strengthen our assertions and provide support. However, be sure to avoid using excessive direct quotes in lieu of original thought. Direct quotes will not meet the requirement for analysis, application, and critical thinking. Please ensure to not overuse direct quote so that you can avoid losing points for this. Review the Integrating Research (Links to an external site.) resource from the Ashford Writing Center for additional guidance.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.