Annotated bibliography #5 | Applied Sciences homework help
Third Mini Research Paper Topic and Annotated Bibliography
For this assignment, you will be required to submit a third research topic and complete an annotated bibliography of five resources for the third mini research paper due at the conclusion of Unit VI. This assignment will be one document in two parts.Part 1: Your research topic requires you to research, examine, and analyze the following international laws and treaties on weapons of mass destruction (WMDs): the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT); the Biological Weapons Convention (BWC); the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production, Stockpiling and Use of Chemical Weapons and on their Destruction, also known as the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC); Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT); Chemical and Biological Weapons Control and Warfare Elimination Act of 1991; and other international laws and legal initiatives in place to counter global WMD use.For your research, you will want to consider the following questions.
- Why are there international laws and treaties against the use of WMDs?
- What are the different classifications and types of WMDs that exist today?
- What treaties exist for each classification and type of WMD?
- What are the roles of the United States and the United Nations when enforcing international laws and the parameters of each treaty?
- What challenges exist when attempting to enforce international laws and legal initiatives related to WMDs?
- What changes have been made to each international law and treaty listed above since inception?
- Why is it important for the United States, the United Nations, and member states to continue to implement new international laws and treaties as new threats emerge?
- What can be done to enforce international laws and treaties on non-member states of the United Nations?
Part 2: Annotated BibliographyIdentify five scholarly sources from the CSU Online Library or other reliable sources that support your research paper topic and paper. Include a summary of 150–200 words for each reference that will cover the material related to the research paper criteria. As you locate your sources, consider how you will use them in your research paper.The annotated bibliography identifies the reference, description, and how it pertains to the research paper. Use APA Style to format the references.As needed, review the creating an annotated bibliography tutorial from the CSU Writing Center.It may be helpful to view the following library video tutorial: How to Research Homeland Security Topics in the CSU Library.The annotated bibliography and research topic submission should be a minimum of one page in length.