1.Interview a Business Leader who you perceive models or applies ethical business practices.
2. Following the interview, craft an 8–10 page paper from the information gathered. Include your analysis of the interviewee’s leadership style supported with research.
Schedule a 30-minute interview to have sufficient time to ask some of the questions below. You are not limited to these questions. You can ask additional questions to gain further insight. When conducting the interview, ensure that you are courteous and the business person is comfortable to speak on the subjects in question. Use good judgment in scheduling and conducting the interview to gather your information.
- What is your leadership background? How many people do you lead directly and indirectly?
- Do you have ethics present in your mind while interacting with others in the workplace?
- Do you practice business ethics when training subordinates?
- What impact do ethics have in your daily/weekly/monthly/yearly decision-making?
- Do you promote ethical behavior to subordinates, peers, and superiors?
- How much time do you spend dealing with ethical issues in your position?
- Does ethical/unethical behavior affect customer relations? If so, in what way? If not, please explain.
- Do you select teams based on their personal ethical code? What ingredients do you believe make a successful team in regards to performing in an exemplary ethical manner?
- What successful ethical ideas can you share to guide prospective or current leaders in developing solid and sound decisions with the goal of overall success within the organization?
- How much attention does your guidance project when it comes to social responsibility?
- Is having a sound ethical code of ethics important in competitive environments? How do you present and verify if the code of ethics is being followed in your organization?
- If you were to summarize in one sentence on what ethics is, what would it be?
- Interview information
- Analysis of Interviewee’s leadership style supported with research
There is a requirement of at least two (2) references for this individual assignment. The reference must not be the person who is interviewed or from the textbook. It is highly recommended to read articles to gather information on leadership to describe the proper meaning of the leadership being discussed from this interview.
- Use introduction, body paragraph, and conclusion headings
Body paragraph headers can be the interview question, presented logically
- At least 2 references of an academic or scholarly source are required for this paper. You are expected to use academic sources such as FSCJ’s Library and Learning Commons peer-reviewed database or Internet sources, such as: “.org”, “.edu”, “.mil”, “.gov.” Sources not allowed are Wikipedia, Dictionaries, wikis, or blogs.
- Use APA, 7th edition, writing style for in-text citations and each reference source that you use. Remember, all wording that is not your own must be cited. For APA writing assistance, reference Student Resources in the Start Here module.
- Use 12-point Times New Roman font, 1-inch margins, and double-spacing.
- Include a reference page in APA 7th edition style.
- The cover sheet should include the following:
- Your name
- Title of Paper
- Course Title
- Course Number
- Semester and Year
- Instructor’s Name
- Date of Submission